If you got a call from a TV producer asking you to appear on Newsnight, would you say yes? And if you said yes, could you get your point across in a way which captured the attention of the audience, without being interrupted?
Our media training courses are aimed at senior spokespeople and experts who conduct interviews on TV, radio or in print.
We equip our trainees with the skills and confidence to take control and give engaging, memorable and effective interviews, which deliver their key messages – no matter what the circumstances.
Highly interactive and practical, each course includes a series of realistic print, radio and television interviews with experienced journalists. We provide immediate feedback following each interview, including techniques for improvement, advice about potential answers and the framing of key messages.
While all our media training courses are bespoke, on a typical course we will cover:
- how the media operates
- how to prepare for interviews
- the differences between TV, radio and print interviews
- how to conduct different types of interview, such as pro-active, reactive, expert commentator and hostile (crisis communications)
- developing key messages which convey your views persuasively
- how to take control of an interview, stick to your own agenda and deliver key messages successfully
- use of language, body language, dress and delivery
After the course, each delegate receives a written appraisal, recorded copies of their interview exercises and a copy of the Rough House Media Guide to Interviews.
We also provide a confidential assessment to the PR team of each delegate’s suitability for different types of interview.
Click here for a typical media training schedule. For more information about our other training courses, such as crisis communications, presentation skills and social media, call 020 8332 6200 or contact us here.